The Star is the 91-acre campus that hosts the world headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys in Frisco, Texas. In addition to playing home to the corporate offices and practice facility, The Star features the Ford Center—a state-of-the-art indoor football stadium that will host a variety of events, an entertainment district lined with restaurants and shops, the Omni hotel, a medical center and more.
- The heating system features 6 AERCO Benchmark BMK6000 condensing boilers.
- The venting system had to terminate through a sidewall and six individual would be unacceptable.
- Combustion air to be supplied directly to each boiler
- Fireplace in Owner's Suite had to be properly vented.
- A single-chimney Powerstack EPS1 system with redundant TDF620 inline power venters serving all boilers. ADF dampers isolate individual non-operating boilers and ADF dampers isolate the redundant fan.
- SFTA air supply fans supply combustion air directly to each of the six boilers
- All fans are controlled with EBC 30 Modulating Fan Controls
- The fireplace is vented with a Powerstack EPS1 chimney system and an RSV chimney fan
The entire system was installed by Brandt - a major Texas contractor. The job supervisor stated that the Powerstack EPS chimney system with male/female connections and graphite gasket "was the best chimney he had ever installed".