San Leandro Housing Authority
San Leandro , CA
- There was two Cleaver-Brooks hot water boilers and two Cochran steam boilers on the job.
- Very limited access to the outside except for a wall exposed to the pool area.
- Tight space limited the chimney to 18" OD, while the boilers had 12 and 14" outlets. There was no room for individual chimneys.
- The system was designed around a common chimney solution using a single 16" chimney to serve all boilers.
- Two IPVB 500 were installed back-to-back for redundancy.
- The chimney was run up through a shaft terminating high above the pool area.