Capital Plaza was completed in 2011. It is located in the heart of Abu Dhabi and overlooking the Arabian Gulf. It’s prime location and the proximity to Corniche Beach and parks, children’s play areas, cycle and pedestrian pathways, various cafés, restaurants and shopping malls made Capital Plaza for Prime Seekers a dream come true. The building incorporates the Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche hotel.
- There was two Cleaver-Brooks hot water boilers and two Cochran steam boilers on the job.
- Very limited access to the outside except for a wall exposed to the pool area.
- Tight space limited the chimney to 18" OD, while the boilers had 12 and 14" outlets. There was no room for individual chimneys.
- The system was designed around a common chimney solution using a single 16" chimney to serve all boilers.
- Two IPVB 500 were installed back-to-back for redundancy.
- The chimney was run up through a shaft terminating high above the pool area.